BBCIC is the only research consortium dedicated to evaluating the real-world safety and effectiveness of biologics, including biosimilars.
BBCIC is a non-profit research consortium that monitors the safety and effectiveness of biosimilars and novel biologics and provides the assurance needed to determine which medications deliver the best health outcomes.
AMCP established BBCIC in 2015 to address anticipated needs for post-marketed evidence generation for novel biologics, their corresponding biosimilars, and other related products.
To provide research services that:
- Address important questions about the use, impact, safety, and clinical effectiveness of biologics and biosimilars on human health
- Increase the rigor and credibility of real-world evidence
- Provide access to a large population for epidemiologic studies and health services research
- Improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of post-marketed observational studies
- Develop standard approaches to common data needs and address gaps in tools and methods
Leadership and Governance
BBCIC is led by Executive Director Cate Lockhart, MS, PharmD, PhD, and governed by a Board of Managing Directors, Planning Board, and Science Committee.
The BBCIC Charter details the principles and policies governing the consortium’s research projects and was approved by the BBCIC Board of Managing Directors on October 23, 2015.